Continuous Education and Training Modules
Thanks to its broad expertise in the fields of occupational health and hygiene, the IST proposes a set of continuous education and training modules range specifically adapted to the needs of professionals dealing with problems raised by occupational health and safety:
- An introduction to occupational medicine
- The basics of occupational safety
- The principles of prevention in occupational environments
- The prevention of psychosocial risks
- Analysing physical activities and ergonomic interventions
- Supporting pregnant employees through the OProMa framework
Thanks to their highly practical and multidisciplinary approach, these modules will allow participants to acquire the necessary tools and adopt the right habits for optimally dealing with occupational health issues.
The IST's continuous education and training modules have been designed to meet a number of objectives:
- To ensure high quality, technical, specialised training;
- To raise the awareness of health and safety specialists about the latest problems and issues in the field of occupational health;
- To encourage multidisciplinary thinking and exchanges between the different actors involved in managing occupational health;
- To train specialists in occupational health and thus have an upstream influence on workers' health;
- To help actors in the field of occupational health put in place safer ways of working and methods of prevention within companies.
The target audience includes occupational health physicians, general practitioners/medical interns, specialists in any of the course themes, student doctors, occupational health and company nurses, human resources specialists, psychiatrists, psychologists, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, ergonomists or any other healthcare specialist.
Recognition and accreditation
The IST's training modules are recognised by the Swiss Society of Occupational Medicine (SSMT/SGARM) as valid specialised continuous training and education. They award 1 credit per hour of training. Other Swiss Medical Association societies recognise the modules as non-specialised continuous training and education.
The courses take place at the Institute for Work and Health (Institut universitaire romand de Santé au Travail), route de la Corniche 2, 1066 Epalinges-Lausanne (the Croisettes stop on Lausanne's M2 métro).
Information and registration
Tel: +41 21 314 74 71
Fax: +41 21 314 74 30