Consultations for Occupational Respiratory Diseases
The IST's specialised consultations for occupational respiratory diseases are carried out in partnership with the Pulmonology Department of Geneva University Hospitals (HUG). These consultations allow the Institute's physicians to assess respiratory problems with a potential link to the patient's professional activity.
Patients wishing to consultation the IST for a respiratory problem must be referred by their treating physician. Consultations are also available for healthcare professionals.
The most frequently investigated problems include:
- Occupational asthma
- Occupational rhinitis
- Extrinsic allergic alveolitis (EAA)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Lung pathologies due to exposure to asbestos: asbestosis, mesothelioma, bronchopulmonary carcinoma
- Lung pathologies due to exposure to silica, and silicosis
- Bronchopulmonary cancers of an occupational origin
- Aptitude assessments for the patients return to the workplace
- Workstation evaluations in the workplace, linked to suspected diagnoses
- Risk prevention for individuals and groups
- Problems linked to health insurance.
For more information, referring physicians can contact the secretariat by telephone on 022 372 20 88, or by email on pneumo(at)i-s-t.ch